Saturday, June 11, 2011

First Meeting with APMI

Saturday - June 4, 2011, when we act like lead actors in a blockbuster action movie in which the episode was powerful, intense and was played in slow motion.

Saturday morning when I arrived at Arborvitae Plains Montessori, Inc. (APMI) for I was assigned in cooking along with co-teachers from Pasacao branch, in the evening all faculty and staff of APMI from difference branches will be around for the Acquaintance Part. It was announced that whoever will fail to attend shall have a fine of 500 pesos to be deducted in our 13th month pay; so expected, many were around.
Going back to morning, I stated that I was assigned in cooking but the raw foods were not yet brought at the school so we decided to just practice a dance presentation to be offered during the APMI Teachers’ Acquaintance Party. Then at 4:00 PM, we rode a pedicab to bring us at Daruanak View Park where the party will be held, we were also informed that the cooking site will be the resort itself. I’m with Teacher Fe, Teacher Lanie and Teacher Caresse in the pedicab.
Then the moment of truth arrived, the pedicab was entering the gate when it flipped and I was like a chick underneath the foot of a man as I was thrown at the bottom. I don’t know how and what reaction to give to my co-teachers and to the pedicab driver; in a moment I was like a statue that was made a decade already. I did not mind my body whether it hurts or not, what I was thinking was my bag and my pants; I did not bring an extra pants so I was really a mess since we flipped in a muddy road. To cut the story short, I had some bruises after the incident, my left shoulder was aching, my right arm that I used in supporting my body was swelling, and we were laughing with our lungs out, ha-ha. It was a situation that no one was expecting and we have to take note that it was my first day to be in that place; WHAT A WAY TO WELCOME A NEWCOMER, ha-ha.
Although that incident happened, I still enjoy the acquaintance party wherein we played our best and we won some games, we ate a lot even it was late for dinner and the plates lacked, and most importantly we met new friends and we laughed with each other with no pretensions. Truly, I never regret the moment I enrolled myself in the education department.

* * *
3 Days Service

            As requirement by the APMI management, each teacher is required to render a 3-day service at each respective branch. Our Teacher in-Charge told us to be at school by Monday for the division of loads and finalization of schedules and advisory class. However, Monday morning I was at the office of Dr. Elizabeth L. Laynesa waiting their meeting to adjourn because I need her sign in my clearance for the release of my transcript of records that I need for employment and for filing at PRC for board exam. I waited a decade until they finished their business.
                My plan was to travel after lunch but I decided to have it postponed since traveling from Pili to Pasacao will utilize one and a half hour of my afternoon, thus there’s no use being at APMI where I will just do nothing for the remaining time after my arrival. Moreover, I asked my eldest sister to buy me a bag at Natasha because I don’t have decent one and I still have to prepare the things that I’ll be bringing with me.
                Tuesday morning around 8:00 A.M I was at the van terminal and the only passenger, after 15 minutes we departed the terminal. 9:00 A.M when I arrived at the school where teachers Kate, Caresse, Diane, Pat, and Fe were around.
                That’s the start of everything; we planned the schedule of teachers, we decorated the APMI front liner’s bulletin, we restructured the classrooms assigned to us, and we prepared ourselves for the fast approaching start of the classes. APMI’s start of classes is actually a week late from the DepEd’s schedule of start of classes.
                I’m still looking forward to something new with this situation I place myself into, I don’t assume everything will be alright for I might just get disappointed. I’ll just let things put themselves in their respective places and make me a better person.
                I know that everything will not be that easy, teaching profession after all is not a walk in the park; I’m just hoping that at least I can overcome everything and achieve the end that I was hoping when I submitted my resume at APMI.
                “All is well,” as what Rancho/Whangdu was always telling his friends in the movie 3 idiots, so I’ll just say to myself the same line, ALL IS WELL.
                This is just the start, a meeting with APMI. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...