Monday, May 14, 2012

If She Only Knew

One fine Sunday afternoon, I was listening to songs alone while doing something on my laptop when I heard a beep from my cellphone. By the way, I was alone because mama went to Libmanan to attend the Church Sunday Service and my sister was at the school attending her band practice. My other siblings were with mama.

Let us go back to the message. It was from Diane, my co-teacher at APMI - Pasacao. She was reminding me of the date I was invited to come to her house for their place's fiesta that was on May 15, 2012. She already sent me a message informing me of the said event the night before that massage came. I actually laugh because she sent the message without checking the grammar; the message says, “You are invited to eat my house this May 15, Tuesday. Don't miss the date.”

I do not have a cellphone load when I received the message so I was able to reply the next morning. I quoted her message first and told her that I cannot eat their house, ha-ha. I am really like this, I notice even the smallest detail of messages I'm receiving. Fortunately, bad karma is not coming to me yet because I really check everything first before sending them.

Concerning her reminding message, I replied that I have a personal business on Monday and told her that if I cannot finish the said business I might be asked to return the next morning. So, sadly I might not come. If there will be no problem with my schedule I would really go since it was a month already when I last had a chance to talk with them. She also informed me that our other co-teachers will be around.

After a minute, she replied with a sense of “panghihinayang.” She also added “Iba na talaga pag-regular na.” She meant I, being a regular public school teacher can't attend to occasions once in a while. Therefore, it made me think. I am not yet hired because I was rejected on the first item offered for me since a certification of good standing was a requirement I cannot supply. The reason was that my license was not yet at the regional PRC so they cannot release my good standing yet. Sad but true.

Monday, my business was to meet Mrs. Nilo of Malansad Nuevo, Libmanan, Camarines Sur. Hopefully I will be hired because the school where she is the head needs a Physics teacher, I am available for the position. I am really crossing my hands and praying that I will finally land a permanent job.

For Diane, if you only knew. I wanted to come but if something happens and my path does not cross yours, sorry. I will just hope that on the following fiesta, I will still be invited. LOL

By the way, that fine Sunday was also the day when we pay tribute to our mothers. There was a lot of fun because of mama; she kept on talking about the pellets discussed to them by a doctor. The idea just made us all laugh. What a fine Sunday for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...