Monday, May 14, 2012

A Message To My Mama

Mama,

Why are you so difficult to describe? It has been an hour yet I cannot think of a good start. Maybe because words are not an adequate amount of to express the kind of love and care that you give to my sisters and me. However, even if words are never enough to pay acknowledgment to you who brought us into this world, I will still try because you do not just deserve a day, you deserve our entire lives. Here is my simple message for you.

There was a time when I was still in your womb, a time when I was not yet capable of living and a time when you started caring for me. If something bad comes about to you prior to that day when you deliver me out of this world, there might be no me today. Therefore, I want to thank you for raising me with all the love you can give me.

You may not be lined up with the names like Cory Aquino, Cleopatra, Empress Dowager Cixi, Queen Elizabeth II, Madonna, Golda Mier, Queen Rania Al-Abdullah, or any other powerful woman names; without any standard, I am saying you are the best mama in the world.

I recognized from the start that you were fighting for our family; you have triumphantly passed all difficulties, and tried your best to keep our family intact. It is known to me that papa had made several mistakes resulting to troubles that may have cause our family to break. I saw the nights and days when all you can do was to cry. I witness how you keep your faith to Him, our dear Lord, and continuously ask for His guidance, wisdom, comfort, calmness, right judgment, and peace of mind.

I was very lucky to have you as my mama; you were always there for me. Raising us was not easy, especially the time when we were still attending our schools. Papa was there helping us but if it was not because of you there would have been no one in the family who will finish their degree. It is said that children are the blessings to the parents but it is the other way around for me, the moment you gave me life you became a blessing to me.

There are countless reasons to thank you. Thank you for the smiles, for the laughs, for sending me to school, for giving me advices, for the lectures, for everything, for the life. You never were a selfish to me even once. I also want to thank you for the butt hits because it made me realize my mistakes and it showed me how much you love me you wanted me to change my misconducts.

I wish also to say sorry for all the misbehaviors I showed you. I know I have been a good son but I also bring you many headaches. Sorry for not cleaning the house, for not washing my clothes, for not doing any household chores, for the high bills because I am always in front of my laptop, for the sermons I opt not to listen, for the lies, for the troubles, for the cries, sorry for all my wrong doings.
I know I am not the best child you could ever ask but I also know that what you only want is for me to be happy. I want to reassure you that I am already happy with who I am now. You will always be here in my heart.

I may not always say this because I am a bit shy and I am not comfortable saying these words but I love you mama. I will always love you. If you have problems, you can always count on me. Now that I am close to being a public teacher, you can count on me even on financial matters. That’s for sure, Mama. Do not think of problems, they will eventually pass. Stay strong and healthy. Keep your faith in God.

Happy Mother’s Day!


Your loving son,
Jerome

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...