Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Short Moment Shared with Friends during Christmas Season



When we were young, we wanted to be mature. And now that we’ve matured, we wanted to be a child again.

Well, I guess I share the same ideas with the lot of people, we may not say it directly but in our minds that somewhat makes us think. When I was young, I have all the time for myself and to play which is not anymore applicable to my current status. I have less time for the things that I really love, I can barely watch my favorite shows at night, and do I have favorites? In fact, right now I have no ideas what are the trending shows.

The difference between a child and an adult is a quite long list to enumerate. But one thing is very evident for me, this is personal. It was during my childhood days when I was able to meet the best friends I could ever hope for. We play at school, we play outside the school, and we play even during weekends when we’re supposed to share it with our family, bonding moments. But my friends would always go to our house and collect me, they would even think of alibis for my parents to allow me, leave with my friends without their knowledge, we’ll go to the beach, to another classmate’s house, eat, play, and enjoy life; not thinking of the assignments we have to prepare.

It was fun being a child, when all are pure and innocent. It was a part of our lives when we are just learning how to live and to be independent, to socialize and realize the importance of friendship.

Now, I am an adult. I can live without the help of my parent. I can go wherever my feet lead me. I have my job, receiving salary every month. I can buy some of the things that I just dreamt when I was a kid. Yes I am happy, but it is not enough.

I have a job, I need to be prepared every day in doing my work and in meeting different kinds of person in where I work, and also I need to do extra effort just to meet the expectations of my community and sometimes, my colleagues.

What I missed most are my friends. I have little communications with my primary and secondary school friends through Facebook. I can see from their posts that some are already married, some with a child of their own, some are successful, some are abroad, there’s still attaining their degrees, and what’s common to all? We are all busy.

Let me narrow my set of friends, college classmates. We call our sections THE FLEXIBLES, don’t ask me why. We are 13 in class, 3 males and 10 females. After graduation, each looked for a job and luckily all landed one. After a year, one invited for a party, night swimming near her place. All right, majority agreed and promised to come. Foods to bring are already settled, each one was tasked what to bring. The place, the date, the time, everything are well planned. But it was all a plan. No one comes; each has to do something else. And the planning goes on and on, but I cannot remember one moment when the planning really did happen.

Finally, after two years… December 23, 2013 and December 28, 2013 are the dates that I have to remember.

December 23, 2013 when I was able to share a moment with Juvy, Meden, Angeline, and Eva. We ate lunch at Mang Inasal – Naga City. It was fun because in the particular time, we updated each other personally with what’s happening in our respective lives.


The same things happened when Carla invited us in her place. Karen, Eva, Angeline, and I were among the present. It was a night with a plenty of foods.

We even had exchange gift. I received a pillow and a hunky. Love it!


 I really liked how things concluded in 2013. Hopefully, we’ll find more time this 2014 to see each other again. I’m looking forward to that event.

I want to end this by sharing you some of the friendship quotes I know.

"Friendship is unnecessary, like philosophy, like art... It has no survival value; rather it is one of those things that give value to survival." - C. S. Lewis
 "It is one of the blessings of old fiends that you can afford to be stupid with them." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...