Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Folk Dance


            I’ve tried coaching folk dance for 3 years - we may have not won first on those three attempts but I know that my students have gained knowledge and experience; I too have had the chance to do one of the many things that I loved doing when I was still a student, dancing. Fortunately, another year of coaching is still possible but unluckily it will not turn up. It is not because the dancers have graduated nor caused by lack of funds, not because winning isn’t possible due to more superior schools with great dancers, it is because one day we just realize that we need to stop and we change.
I started with students who have no experience dancing such dance, it was hard and I knew winning was never evident but we continued for experience resolves. The following year, different set of dancers were involved and they are good dancers. But then again, there are better performers.
Last year was the best. It was an experience I will never forget from the practice to the competition proper. We’ve managed to finish second to SJNHS, they’re just so good they always win first in the entire region.
Four days from now, it’s opening of classes for school year 2015-2016 again. I may have decided not to compete this year, but we never know. Change is always around.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...