Saturday, May 30, 2015

Summer Vacation's OVER



Tomorrow is the start of classes for school year 2015-2016. Looking back, it’s like life’s passing like a gunshot. It feels like we just had yesterday the graduation rites and tomorrow is already the opening of classes. It always amazes me how fast two months pass. The thought of doing the same things for 10 months over again and again seem tiring, boring, and a total no-no. But I love my job; yes it is a boring routine but I don’t only consider teaching as a source of income, it’s also something where I get inspiration and motivation, something that delivers me elation (in one way or another).

I’m actually excited to meet my new students. I’m a grade 9 adviser handling Science subjects being a Physical Science major, also given English subjects for the last 3 years (area that I’m neither good nor bad, and I totally hate literature) and now will handle MAPEH 10 class (great, just great, one English class dropped). There are views that some of this year’s grade 9 students are known to be not-so-well-mannered and I might be their adviser, the idea just excites me. I want challenges, it makes me creative. Perhaps these students just need attention, possibly something that were not given to them, something that they only get when they misbehave. And hopefully, something that I can give them. There’s also a report that we’ll have new School Head starting tomorrow.

But before all those unknown, I just want to share few of the things that I’ve done this summer vacation. This year’s not that productive, I didn’t enroll in MS classes due to personal state of affairs so my vacation was primarily “okay” as in just fine.

We had our annual family night swimming at Pasacao, Camarines Sur. It’s a family gathering that only take place once a year because we all have our own priorities and being together as family is not anymore a luxury. But since it’s a night swimming, sleeping is forever present. Hahaha

With my eldest sister, Joanne. She's currently living at Legazpi with her husband and son.
I have attended the K to 12 training for Grade 10 teachers at Ateneo de Naga University, I have posted something about this already. But in this post I’m going to add the shots I had with my college classmates. We call us ‘THE FLEXIBLES’. It’s a sort of reunion for us though only five of us are teaching in high school so we’re good seeing with that small number. It was fun seeing them and being with them, swapping stories and whatnot.

From left that's me, Sir Juvy, Meden and Karen (Meaw).
That's Eva at the left-most, she took the first photo.

Outside our room at Ecotel.
Part of the summer vacation is the Brigada Eskwela. I guess every Filipino knows what it is. Photos below are for my likings only, we all sure love taking pictures. Hahaha

From left: Sir Almer, Ma'am Hazel, me, and Ma'am Helen (First day of Brigada)




Not everything that I did this summer involve other people’s company; most of the time I am with my cellphone, laptop or tablet reading or playing online and opening social networking sites. Though most of my friends are into updating via Facebook, I personally prefer Twitter and Instagram. I want limited people to know my whereabouts. 

 


I still can’t go away with play time. I am into playing Boom Beach, Clash of Clans, and Monster Legends.

I’m into reading novels. I’ve managed to read three of John Green’s: The Fault in Our Stars, Looking for Alaska and Paper Towns.


    
I’m currently reading reading George R. R. Martin’s A Song of Ice and Fire series, I’m still in the first book. I only read when there’s no current so finishing it will take a while.

The reason I can’t read that long is because I favored watching Naruto and One Piece episodes.




I’ve also dedicated some of my time to watching TV series.



Marriage Without Love
 
These maybe are all not-so-productive deeds but I’m just enjoying my time. And I never forget my responsibilities. Though I like living my life as fast as a bullet, sometimes it’s also important to stop and let it all in. Doing what I love doing is what’s important. These may be are childish acts, it’s alright. I take pleasure in life and at the same time, I’m doing my job. Welcome to my world. Hahaha



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...