Friday, May 22, 2015

Where Credit is Due

              Shaking my head because I’ve read comments – someone’s getting all the compliments and all the salutes all for himself. That this someone is apparently accountable for all the goodness there is that they can state. That this someone is doing all the job, all the sacrifices, all the thinking, and even bearing all the outlays. Why wouldn’t the audience judge so easily, when all they can see is this someone doing all the front acts? Why wouldn’t they notice this someone, when all the behind-the-scene-characters are so thin and this someone is TOO MUCH? How about the hard work of the entire workforce, for the unknown? We may have known the real deal but it’s useless, because the odds are against us.
         Most of the time, we notice those that are always perceived by our senses – acceptable because we demand it, we want proof, we look for tangible results, we see who we see. Sadly, we hardly look into deeper details. Judgments are given instantly, criticism are thrown haphazardly, and commendations are quantified prejudicially.
Sometimes we set aside other details that we thought are pointless, but doing so makes us wrong in the long run. Some not-so-important parts are also vital.
        This sentiment is not because I wasn’t given the right acclaims equal to what I have contributed but instead to just release this feeling I’m feeling. I’m kind of disappointed and guilty. Disappointed for all those who only see others and not the rest, disappointed because I thought they are better but now I see they’re not worth it, not worth my time. Disappointed because from now on, I have to start over again, remove the stains and begin once more. Good thing is I don’t have to settle for other’s beliefs, I just have to do my best. I’ve been asking for motivation, maybe this is what I’m given.
        For being guilty, I am guilty because I’m also one of those who gives credit easily. Starting today, maybe I just need to stop thinking of what others are thinking. I have to stop pleasing others, I just need to act myself. But it’s what I’ve ever been doing, some don’t like me; as if I care!
I’m done with this game, I don’t care what others think about me. If I don’t feel like talking to you, then better evaporate coz I am not starting a conversation or whatever.
Anyway, let us always practice looking at every part of the puzzle. One item may have completed the job but without the rest, it’s worthless. Give where the credit is due, and that is to everyone. Whether one contributed a little, at least there’s a contribution rendered.
To end this I remember a statement from a movie, “We elevate those who say right but mean wrong, and mock those who say wrong but mean right.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...