Friday, May 22, 2015

Regional Mass Training

 Before the end of SY 2014-2015, those who will undergo training for Grade 10 teachers were informed – I’m one of those for I am teaching Fourth Year Science and English in the RBEC. My initial reaction was, “okay!” since I have participated in the same training during the last two years, first in EsP and last year in Science 9. I was also against it because the government will again put away too much budget that I think should have been used instead on reproducing learner’s materials. What is important are the books, as long as it’s available we can make use of our time to study what’s in it and what are the competencies and skills required by students to master in that particular area and time.
Anyway, whether a lot of teachers are sharing the same sentiments, we don’t have a choice because the training was already planned and there is no stopping it.
May 11, 2015 is the date Science, Math, and MAPEH teachers will undergo the training.
I went to Ateneo de Naga in the morning for the registration and reservation of hotel room. Opening program was conducted at 1:00 PM. Then we were asked to go to our respective classes, I’ve been listed in Class B. It will not be that bad because I’m in the same class with college classmate and friends: Juvy, Yhute, and Engeline.
We were given with the schedule and most are shocked because the last session in the afternoon is from 5:00PM-7:00PM. I have no problem with it for I’m staying at Eurotel, but not everyone has availed the hotel accommodations.
Day 2 was boring. Having attended the trainings before, some of the sessions are exactly the same with only different trainers. And then it was already evening. How fast time flies.
Everything changed in Day 2. If last training was not that great, this year is good. Being in the service for only 3 years, I know I have not mastered my major field and I still have a lot of room for new knowledge.
I enjoyed learning. It was a great avenue to learn, Day 5 swiftly arrived and the training was already at the closing part. I was actually inspired by some of the trainers because they’re good in what they’re doing. I also wanted to be like them. I want to master my specialty, I also wanted to be as good facilitator as them.
When I thought that my third attendance in the training will be like before, I was mistaken. After the training I feel very lucky to be one of the participants, many weren’t able to attend the same training, not even once.
Now, I’m looking forward to share all the knowledge I’ve gained to my usual clients, my students.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...